Create this tamarind butter dressing at home by mixing our Zesty Tamarind Cordial with melted butter. It’s smooth, rich and zingy and will take your food from simple to delicious in minutes.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2½ tsp Carisips Zesty Tamarind Cordial
- Pinch of ground black pepper
*If using unsalted butter you may want to add butter to taste.
- Melt butter in a pan over a medium heat, whisking frequently.
- Once the butter has melted, bubbles will form then they will ease up. Brown specs should also be visible on the bottom of pan. This is when you add the Zesty Tamarind Cordial and turn heat to low.
- Stir for another 20 seconds, then turn off.
- Add black pepper, whisk, then serve.
Pasta – Use as the main dressing in a salad meal. Works great with pasta that has been cooked with vegetables like mushrooms and garlic or seafood.
Roasted Vegetables – Drizzle over asparagus, carrots, green beans, broccoli.
Salad – Add to your usual salad bowl to give it a buttery tangy twist.
Seafood – Scallops, lobster, crab, prawns are great options to pair with dressing.