A creamy tamarind mustard sauce that's slightly zesty, peppery and sweet! It's super easy to make and can be used with different types of food.
- 1½ tsp Mustard
- 4 tsp Carisips Zesty Tamarind Cordial
- ½ tsp Olive Oil
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Add 1½ tsp of mustard in to a bowl then add 4 tsp of Zesty Tamarind Cordial and stir until it's completely mixed in.
- Add ½ tsp olive oil in to this mixture and stir, then add ½ tsp of lemon juice.
- Stir this mixture until it's a consistent medium brown colour. See below for serving suggestions
- Full English Breakfast - Use alongside your traditional toast. eggs, bacon, eggs, sausage, beans and hash browns.
- Avocado Salad - Have with plain avocado or add some red onion, cherry tomatoes and watercress to make a salad.
- Lamb - Great with grilled and roasted lamb. You can even add to a lamb based soup.
- Chicken - Have with roasted chicken and rice, fried chicken and chips or use as a spread in a grilled chicken sandwich.
- Pork - Tastes great with belly, rib and tenderloin cuts. Slow cooked or roasted.
- Roasted Vegetables - Use with carrots, cassava, sweet and white potatoes and parsnips.
- Pasta - Add to plain pasta or pasta with cheese, mushrooms, peppers or seafood.
Lasts for up to 8 weeks in the fridge.
You can make more of this tamarind and mustard sauce by scaling up the recipe eg to double the amount just times all of the ingredients by 2.